One issue I see is the massive difference between what a campaign is in ED's eyes and what some other people think it should be. For example, the ED style of campaign, requires a linear points scoring trip where at the end of one flight you have either scored enough to proceed to "LEVEL 2", or you go back to "LEVEL 1".

Now I'm somewhat OK with the answer, "It is what it is". But let me say. It's rubbish.

A campaign should be a continuously played out scenario, where if the player wants to partake, he can and if not, he can watch the computer continue itself. A campaign will be heavily limited by logistics and it will continue beyond one sortie. As a single player it should be something you can pause and as a multiplayer it should be something that contiunues despite players joining and leaving, and support 'JIP', server restarts, perpetual world states including capturable and destructible scenery.

Having done some design of these at squadron level, including one we ran for 8 sessions and 24 hours of realtime in persistence, I can say I know about campaigns, not serialised missions. Making them, is not only hard, but stretches and meets limits that not many people see in the ED SSE. This idea has been touted on the forums by a great many people with some limited success over the years.

What hasn't happened is any result by ED since these asks were first vented all those years ago.

So it is not surprising that the post exists, that people are fed up of the limits of campaigns ED style. Despite even polls on the official forums by the producer, asking for what features should be next and resulting in clear "Dynamic campaign" victory so many months ago, we are no further forward in delivery.

Yes, I agree with the OP. Shove these linear, binary, dead carcasses full of fluff and media into touch and lets get some decent dynamic content for DCS.

PS...as for 1.5.4 being stable, which stack trace do you want me to send to your inboxes. I've got unanswered stuff from March. Not having more than 2 MP clients, no scripts and more than 4 waypoints with no complexity is NOT what DCS is about.