Originally Posted By: CyBerkut
Originally Posted By: David_OC
I bet ED cannot wait when this is altogether in one single package and to get to a level when they are just polishing up the product like BMS did with the 11+ million dollar F4 code.

Once together ED can then constantly (Never ending) polish up the weapon FMs, ballistics, Maps, etc. This is not far off I do hope, but as I said I'm happy now with all these great sims on my pc and are willing to wait.

Since "just polishing up the product" is not much of an income generator, I doubt they will ever settle back into that. There will have to be new content to sell to bring in more revenue.

Yes of course CyBerkut, A company should make as much money as they can to be in a good healthy financial position now and for the future, ED should and are using 3rd parties more and more which is the way to go for content (Apple itunes 30%?).

ED can then perhaps do less modules and or the technically challenging modules and some code to help 3rd parties only and really focus on their New DX11 core engine, ATC, Weapons etc and get them to a better level for quite sometime, ED also will be looking after any of the military contracts too.

We don't know but the military contracts could be one reason ED sometimes struggles with time as they would come first with requirements just like it does with steel beasts. If this is the case? It makes my point about using 3rd parties even more paramount.