DCSW is simply not set up to build a DC like Falcon's. A lot of things would have to change in the entire concept of the game, not just reprogramming. I'm reasonably certain that at least for now, ED has no desire to go in the direction of implementing aggregation/de-aggregation and other bubble techniques.

The devs did implement the fast battle generator which should be an entry into the DC style of say, Longbow II.

While it's not a DC engine yet, there are a few things in place that could potentially be tied together to create one. As you know, the campaign creation concept is the same as that in Jane's F-18: You basically have a branching mission concept.

All of these approaches have advantages and disadvantages - the obvious disadvantage of not having a DC is that players are rarely willing to build missions.

The advantage of what DCS has is the ability to build realistic scenarios - the unfortunate disadvantage here is that most people wouldn't know what a realistic scenario looks like if their lives depended on it.
Having said that, a lot missions and campaigns have been created for the game which are very enjoyable at least some of them are re-playable.

Both DC and non-DC rely heavily on the AI to provide the appropriate 'feel' to the scenario.

Regarding the graphics engines - while a lot of people like to pooh-pooh improvements in graphics, the fact is that visual realism is very important to what is a mostly visual business.

There are a few reasons why flight sim pilots effectively suck at flying a real aircraft, but are good with instruments:

- No instruction (duh)
- The terrain sucks, so no one uses it to navigate (... plus lack of instruction!) - ED made a huge dent in this one with their continual improvement of graphics
- The instruments are in your face, and it's a bother to change the view
- why turn at 1.4g when you can turn at 9? (try it RL, it will probably be completely self-explanatory! smile )

I'm well aware of most of these 'flight simmer diseases', I suffer from them smile

Some of this has been changing lately - things like TIR and recently VR will be making a huge difference in flying habits.

Last edited by GrayGhost; 10/05/16 10:07 PM.

--
44th VFW