Originally Posted By: - Ice
On a more serious note, I'm glad to see RAZBAM following ED's example. They hire more people, but is it to push a product out faster? Nope!

These guys work in close knit teams Ice, this would make them more efficient working together building these extremely high tech aircraft for DCS.

The learning curve wound be large here if you tried to put these new coders in to say the Harrier team. You would perhaps even go backwards for quite some time because part of the team would be then retraining the others up on where they are at and what needs to be done and how it's done etc.

Originally Posted By: David_OC
There is always some risk and I agree Ice, I'm sure RAZBAM, Leatherneck, etc have done their homework here on the risk.

Originally Posted By: - Ice
I'm sure Microprose did their homework too, and so did Hasbro. Where are they now? Their sales figures didn't add up, "sales were NOT good," and now they're gone. I would bet they were run better and had a bigger portfolio than ED did though!

No Ice, again read things and try to keep up.

It seems like the first release of Falcon 4.0 was rushed to the market in order to sell during the Christmas holidays. Was the code mature enough for this initial release?

I’d agree that the product was shipped in a pretty buggy state, but I couldn’t honestly say the first release of Falcon 4.0 was rushed. It took about 5 years to build and the last 9 months we were working 12-16 hour days (They had a hotel booked across the street, so my wife ended up staying there so that we could even see each other). It was a huge challenge to just finishing the thing; this was an incredibly complex product that really wasn’t planned out or managed well at all. Because of the complexity and lack of central design it became really difficult to find and fix the many, many bugs in the program. In the end we could have taken another year and still had open bugs, but at eventually you’ve got to get it out there. MicroProse was bleeding money at the time and Falcon already had the stigma of vaporware, so at some point we had to determine that it was good enough and then work hard on patching the problems.

Kevin Klemmick – Lead Software Engineer

Today is a different world Ice for ED and 3rd parties now have how many aircraft on steam? If I bought everything from ED right at this moment on steam it would cost $804.76 USD

I would have spent over $500 with sales etc. I own just about every module, except for the C-101 Aviojet
and just got the DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX for $39

How much did F4 sell for when it released? How many aircraft modules and maps could you buy and add to it?