Originally Posted By: bkthunder
Sorry for going OT for a sec,

Dammit, stay on topic, bkthunder!! biggrin

Originally Posted By: David_OC
Must not be worth Developing aircraft for ED then? Especially how you guys think and talk about how ED wont make it.
Crap sales for the M2000?
How about the Harrier when out?

Then why would RAZBAM add a new team then?
Why not just stick to FSX if ED's going backwards?
Could be more money for them developing at the DCS level and have their aircraft in the ED shop for a long long time.
I'm very sure RAZBAM would rather have their aircraft in DCS so they can take them to this new level in the sim their aircraft deserve.

David clearly does not know how business works. He thinks investments are risk-free and profits are guaranteed, otherwise they won't be spending money or resources on the project. This is after just lambasting Microprose for spending 11+ million that ruined them. Yes, he does not see the irony.

David, perhaps it's a better idea to post those questions to RAZBAM and the other developers. Come back to us when you have an answer; otherwise everthing is purely speculation with very little evidence especially on your side for the claims you make. I'm in no mood to explain business decisions to you, perhaps you'll get better traction on the "more reputable" forums.

Gents
Allow me to introduce you <snip!>

Spam hypocrite. Also irrelevant to the current discussion.

How many licenses/sales over the next say 5 years will be sold of just the Mirage 2000?
Not even counting sales already made.
How about 10 years and how many more aircraft will they have in ED's store by then on sale?
All the 3rd parties and ED are very passionate about flight simulation and want this to workout for all involved.

Passion does not equal business success. Passion does not make you a winner. It helps, but you'd need more than passion.

Also, you asked us the question. Let me throw it back at you. Do **YOU** have any clue about sales projections for Mirage? Do **YOU** have any evidence to show regarding current sales figures? If you do, share them. If not, then stop embarrassing yourself. You have no clue about the NOW, and you pretend to know about what will happen in 5-10 years' time. For all we know, ED will be the next "Microprose" that spent all that money on a failed project. Only this time, there's no DC to show for it, just broken, unfinished modules.

- Ice