Originally Posted By: Paradaz
So 'Ranger79' fully tests it with an ED future build given that it won't be incorporated with a build that he creates the campaign with.

I doubt that campaigns by 3rd parties are tested against future versions, but that is an assumption.

'Ranger79' prepares the campaign package and tests it in the development build before it goes live.

See above.

'Ranger79' manages the campaign upload and file repositories.

Maybe he has it in a repo, but he probably doesn't. Pushing a file tree into a SVN repo is a one-liner in bash.

'Ranger79' prepares the promotional material and announces the campaign on the ED newsletter.

The trailer was shot by someone named Eight Ball (credits are at the end). I don't know the guy, pretty sure he's not ED staff. Chizh writes a newsletter every week. It probably takes him less time if he can copy paste in a campaign promo paragraph than having to come up with something himself.

'Ranger79' sorts out the configuration management of software and documentation.

You mean the documentation of the campaign? Sure, why not. What else is there to document?

'Ranger79' maintains the build record and patch notes.

Build record? You are aware that you don't have to compile campaigns, are you? Patch notes, well, i assume he sends ED a text file and they put it in their list. Let me see, reaching for Ctrl+C and then for Ctrl+V, OMG all them ressources!!!!!!

What are ED doing with their resources whilst 'Ranger79' is taking care of all of this? sigh

Developing DCS? Just an idea.