Haha!! I remember that! If I flew too low and my wingman was on my left side and I banked aggressively to the left, ka-boom!! biggrin

I started here with the old Flanker 2.0, but I was really too young to fully appreciate that sim. When I came back a few years later, it was Lock-On Modern Air Combat, and I kept my finger in the pie since then. FC1, FC2, then DCS A10C. The group I was flying with in FC2 had a wing that flew the A-10A, so it was cool to "transition" from the A-model to the C-model.

Thanks for voicing your viewpoint on the forums, jbrking. Some people seem to think that just because a few of us are a vocal minority, that we're the only ones unhappy with the sim. Others like yourself don't have the time or energy, others simply move on to other things. biggrin

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
The delay for this plane or that terrain is really low priority to me at this point. They get here when they get here. What's the difference?

True! If a module gets in on time, I'm going to be amazed but if not, I'm going to be not-amazed. The difference will be the content of my posts at that time.

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
TBH, I'm not excited for the Hornet--if I'm going to be still watching my AAMs fall out of the sky prematurely, my AGMs miss or get shot down, and my belly get perforated by a BMP because I flew by at 1500 ft and 400kts.

*puts hand up* I'm excited for the Hornet because of my fond memories of Jane's F/A-18 and I'm excited for the Tomcat because... well... Tomcat. Enuf said! I'm open minded enough to realize that DCS can be a really good airframe simulator so I'm looking forward to learning about these airframes. Hopefully they'll come with an aircraft carrier so I can practice trapping as well.

The optimistic side of me hopes that by the time I'm comfortable enough with these airframes, maybe ED has made major changes that the World environment would be worth spending time in... we can only wait and see. For the record, I'd very much like to be proven wrong... but I'm not accepting any bets nor am I holding my breath.

- Ice