Sure we know why there's no DC - was stated earlier in this thread: ED's main source of revenue is the private contract/military market. Why did we get a hi-fi A-10C module from them? Because they wanted to give the commercial market [us] what it wants? Of course not - they wanted to make a little more off of something they'd already made for the Air National Guard.

Likewise, the private contract/military market have no need of a DC. The only thing they really care for are cockpit and flight dynamics familiarization. The only reason we have a FAC module is so the ANG could step its pilots through working with one in the updated A-10C cockpit.

There's really no mystery here, the commercial market plays second fiddle to their main customers. We get the long delayed left-over fruits of their labors from the private contract/military market. I just wish ED would admit as much.

And yes, today F4 would have any even smaller market with which to appeal to recoup its enormous development costs. Just how things turned out; opium-of-the-masses FPS like DOTA and whatnot reap the biggest revenues, so they get the best programmers/companies. Hi-fi modern combat flight sims on the other hand are very niche. That's all there is to it.

Personally, I'm not buying anything until the F-18C is finalized. Until then I'll get back to fixing the settings that 1.5.4 messed up with my TrackIR, and praying they fix SLI someday.