Originally Posted By: - Ice
Okay, so we're now shifting the goalposts from "ED did not announce deadlines" to "ED's definition of 'deadline' is different from the rest of the English-speaking world."

No.

I'm not shifting any goalpost, i just joined this line of discussion. My goalposts remain firm where they are.

So.... two questions for you, Sobek:
1. Where exactly can one get "ED's definition of a deadline"??

Basically when they announce a fixed date when the pre-purchase opens.

2. Where in those newsletters have they been "very vocal about the possibility that it might not be accurate"??

They do tend to state that periodically.

Example:

Originally Posted By: Wags

Konichiwa everyone,

We hear you and understand your wish for more news about the Hornet project. Virtually all the work is in code at this time, but I can say that work continues and the electrical, hydraulic, and gear systems are all almost complete. The next step will be to tie these systems into the cockpit. Other systems have been tied to the cockpit and the HUD symbology integration is on-going. Once that task is complete, we can begin work on the flight model prototype.

The cockpit is done though and includes functionality for JHMCS. What weapon systems will be included in the Early Access is TBD.

As mentioned earlier in the year, it’s our hope to release the Hornet into early access by the end of the year. However, that is only a best estimation at the time and many things can alter this. Only a date announced with the start of a pre-purchase should be taken as a date you can bank on. We are quite accurate with such dates.

When there is more information to pass along on this project, we will do so.

Thanks

Quoting "later" and "in the first half" is an estimate in itself and they've given themselves quite a big leeway just quoting a year, AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! for their projections. Anyone holding their breath that ED makes their projections?

So? What's your point? Is this anything unusual in the domain of computer games? AAA titles don't announce release dates either until they are close to release.

And so what if they don't make their projections? I don't understand what the fuzz is about. You make it sound as if your life depended on ED releasing the Hornet this year.

I can understand people being somewhat indignant when money has changed hands like with the WWII side of things, but i don't think that is actually your point of contention.