A few points for you. ED's forum isn't managed so that it doesn't go out of control. Its censored because ED are not interested in anyone talking negatively about their product, they don't and will not accept there are problems and therefore protect a biased view of their product.

You talk as if 2.5 is the cause of all the problems. ED were missing intended release dates long before this merge build and long before DCS 2.0 (EDGE) was announced.

You can't build a mission in DCS like you can in F4 either, unless you are talking about very simplistic parameters, there are far too many limitations, and this is a throwback to the engine in use and one that is unlikely to change - EVER. You have also just spent a long time talking about F4 after previously having a go at ICE for exactly the same thing.

DX9 to DX11 may well be a huge leap for any company to make, no-one is disputing that but what is up for discussion (as per the thread title) is whether we think ED have lost focus and are putting resources into other areas at the detriment of progress. I asked the question in March 2016 and was concerned about what was happening and didn't think ED would meet the intended release of 2.5 this year.......... DCS 2.0 was supposed to be released in 2014. DCS 2.5 was never planned, it exists because there was pressure to release 'something's following 2 year delays and they have now delayed again.

Whether its feature-creep or something else, ED are poor (I call it incompetent) at their planning and estimating because they constantly get nowhere near their release dates. This isn't a one-off, its every.single.time. just imagine if ED look at a DX12 or DX 13 upgrade! Which millenium do you think would see that release?

You still haven't replied as to whether you're just hopeful that ED turn things around or you see improvements that you believe is a sign of good progress. I'm not seeing anything new, only the same old mistakes, poor communication and further delays.......nothing whatsoever that indicates ED are learning from previous mistakes and are improving in any way, shape or form.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.