Originally Posted By: Troll
Very valid concerns, J_R.
When someone makes a module, they state that it will be compatible with DCSW 2.0, for instance. Does this mean that they have an obligation to keep the module compatible with 2.5, 2.91/2 or whatever? I'm not sure...
There may be some text in te EULA that covers this? Yeah, I know... Who reads them? ;-)

A company that makes a module will have a contract with ED and would, I imagine, have knowledge of EDs development plans. A modder charging for a skin would have no contractual agreement with ED or whoever's module they are skinning. They would not be privy to the development of the module or DCS world as a whole. It is a concern and it would require a lot of information, that is only available to those with an NDA, before I decided to buy a skin for what is essentially a work in progress. That goes for all user made pay for DLC

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 04/09/16 05:46 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."