In your rush to defend ED you're obviously missing the point completely (as expected). The thread title and the first post give it away.

Are you now insinuating that a 3rd party campaign offers no monetary gain to ED? My concern is quite simple, and quite obviously geared around quick wins, quick profits that take some focus away from the progress in areas that really need it.

We're still effectively discussing (or arguing in your case) about DCS content that still remains in beta whilst new content is continually produced. I've no doubt that an update in a few months time will probably make this latest campaign unworkable and then we can await another few months whilst that is fixed because ED continue to stumble from one bit of work to the next without actually planning something with any real logic or roadmap behind it.

Let's ignore 3rd party module progress for now, that's 3rd party business....what's the latest on DCS World, what about the 1.5/2.0 merge, where are the Nevada missions, where is the ED progress? Is there nothing to put in the newsletter?....is the 'new' campaign just filler because there is no real news?

If you actually look at the change-log from the latest newsletter, this is the only valid news for DCS:

Game will be able re-save older mission files correctly
MP. Double ejecting of net-phantom pilot is eliminated

There is next to nothing in the previous week, the week before that was a spring sale....get my point? Probably not. Maybe the team are busy with new campaigns!

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.