Originally Posted By: scrim
Where have people gotten that twisted idea from? If they were mainly making simulators for military customers, how come there's only 1 single plane from this side year 2000? Why is there not a single map of a war zone any of these imagined customers operate in? Why are ED developing Soviet trainers and WW2 planes? And why, exactly why would mil customers be asking for an F/A-18C module? The biggest military customer there is is currently in the progress of replacing their legacy Hornets.

People have found exactly one single website where ED is trying to get into the mil market, mostly advertising stuff they don't even have finished yet. Sorry, but there is no "we're not the main market, that's why they're treating commercial customers like trash" excuse. The commercial market has always been their main focus, and it still is.

So did I imagine the military simulator that was running Nevada about 3 years ago? You can't count the 3rd party stuff (WWII etc.) as we're talking about ED and their priorities. The A-10, Nevada and the L-39 are all from private contracts I believe. What other DCS level items have ED created other than the Blackshark and those 3?

Here's Jim Mackonochie talking about their military contracts:

Last edited by Force10; 06/26/16 07:42 PM.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"