Originally Posted By: ricnunes

If I have had bought any other DCS modules you can bet that I would be really, really frustrated. For example a few years ago I was just about to purchase DCS Mi-8 and I'M GLAD that I didn't buy it and this serves for any other DCS module released in the meanwhile!

Mi-8 wasn't developed by ED, why would that status of that module make you upset with ED? I, on the other hand, do own it and find it enjoyable in its current state - you are really missing out.

Speaking of DCS WWII, I'm also glad that I didn't "invest" on their Kickstarter! I had a "gut feeling" on this one and I'm glad I followed it and again I have the same "gut feeling" about all other remaining modules.
Anyway, if I had invested in DCS WWII I can guarantee you that I wouldn't be "frustrated" by doing it so, I would be PISSED and yes I would have HATE ED with a PASSION!

Why when ED wasn't responsible for the KickStarter? That was started by a third party that collapsed and ED picked up the pieces. If anything, people should be happy.

You know for me a WWII simulator means one thing above all: Minimal historical accuracy/realism and again there's absolutely nothing about historical accuracy/realism with DCS WWII! Bf-109K and FW-190D over Normandy, really??
What's next?? Me-262 over Dunkirk??

Normandy, yes, since that is what was being developed by a third party for the WW2 KickStarter. Again, ED picked up the pieces and ran with it. What's the point of scrapping the theater entirely? ED has never ran nor participated in a KickStarter campaign...

No proper unit set such as WII Tanks, Ships, other planes, etc... And I could again, go on and on and on...

ED already stated that is part of the process... In fact in the Weekly News last week were some included SS of the Spitfire as well as units/vehicles from that time period.

For example and regarding DCS WWII I even proposed that ED should model the Bulge/Ardennes map instead of Normandy which means that the entire and currently planed and in development plane set of flyable DCS WWII aircraft could be used with historical accuracy (or in a historically accurate map). The end result was that I was attacked by some fan(actics). This is an another example of a complete lack of focus and above all a complete inability to learn from mistakes a readapt from them and how complacent the ED/DCS fan(actic) are with this wrong policy/strategy from ED. This leaves me to believe that the future of ED/DCS will be very grin if existent at all!
Great! I think that map would be a splendid addition to the lineup when time and resources permit. Why can't you see that ED picked up the pieces to a puzzle that was discarded and decided to "make it happen." Personally, I would have been happier if ED never got involved following the collapse of that third party and their kickstarter and simply stuck with Gen 3+ jets. I don't deride ED nor hate them nor attack them for their decisions. I understand that they are a business; I do not have ownership in that company, thus my opinion only matters whether I open my wallet or not.

In the end I believe that if we all as customers were critical to ED than this would leave no other choice for ED than to really start to get their act together, learn from their mistakes and above all, finally FOCUS on what's really important! This I believe could only to good for all of us which enjoy playing combat flight simulations!

What's really important? Or, just maybe, are you really only concerned with what you think is important? If you ask ten different people, you'll probably get ten different answers.

If people keep giving blank checks to ED (which is what really happens when people buy those DCS modules that many never be finished) than what will really happen is that ED will eventually die from a very slow death since there's no way that this current ED "strategy" will bring "new blood" (new players) to the game and even most of current ED supporters will eventually leave the game (nobody is able to wait forever) which means that only a few fan(actics) will remain which will obviously result in ED's demise!
Blank Checks? Interesting... So how many modules has ED actually authored and released in an unfinished state that is still unfinished? Again, you cannot hold ED responsible for the state of 3rd party modules. Here's a simple solution... Don't buy into any module that is in an early access state. For instance when the DCS-F-18C module is finally made available as an early access module in the future, please don't buy it. Make sure you wait until ED states that the product is in its finally state.

Feel free to agree or disagree with this assessment of mine. For me it's the same really (despite and I admit, I would prefer to have a much better DCS in the future).

I think it is safe to say that everybody wants a better DCS for the future. The difference lies in those that can see where DCS is going, even though there are some flaws; and then there are those that will never be happy. Some people will always find something to complain about.