Originally Posted By: David_OC
I said "focus on building the best combat flight simulation possible"

Unfortunately, "focus" is not a word in ED's vocabulary. They could try and strain all they want but unless the company gets a really good shakeup, well, like I said, planning is one thing, implementation is another. They could want to build the best combat flight sim possible, but that does not mean they will.

I enjoy BMS very much too, different beasts in my opinion. Sand box and bubble etc.

Once again, I ask you how you can say BMS and DCS are different beasts? DCS is F-15 and A-10 and BMS is F-16 and that makes them different? BMS is sandbox/bubble, DCS is scripted and that makes them different? No, both are combat flight simulators (well, one is... the other, bless it, is trying) simulating modern aircraft.

I do agree with Ice and Paradaz here on a lot of the things they say, this debate is really about development decisions not comparing sims.

You will have to as we are correct in all we say! biggrin
Also, the debate **IS** about development decision and **IS** about the results of those decisions, thus also comparing sims.

DCS could have been where BMS is now if they stay the path and stuck with DX9.

Haha! No.

DCS has pretty much rebuilt the graphics engine to go to DX11. Huge task and the right one I think? My opinion going forward.

Still no support for your opinions, eh? Also, not using the term "belief" now, huh?

So the focus is on the NEW ENGINE and getting a stable version out and then start polishing it back up and there will be less limits here because of DX11 and the side effects is a lot more coding/time because of the DX11. Double edge sword here I know.

"Stable" is another word not in the ED vocabulary. Sure, they use it, but it does not mean the same thing with the rest of the English-speaking world.

Will the view distances be better? Yes way better I believe, how long will this take? How long is a piece of string?

The difference is that nobody cares about how long is a piece of string. People care about software they've already purchased and have been promised a deadline on.

Once the merge or what ever you call it combine the stable code is done. Start polishing then some of the team can work more on ATC, AI, Weapons etc.

They will still be building campaigns and maps of course and using the personal they have on other tasks such as Normandy, other maps and F18 this makes sense to me. This new engine would only have a few who really know the inner workings as of now. You would be able to train up other coders to help here, well not yet. Maybe when stable and released, only then you could train up others in the direction/testing of the engine to be more optimize.

Yet more of your delusional ramblings. I may be proven wrong here, but I'll bet it won't be the case for the next 2-3 years yet.

- Ice