Originally Posted By: LOF_Rugg
Originally Posted By: Remon
Originally Posted By: Frederf
His point is fine.

There are two kids of people at ED Forums, those who have been banned and those without anything worth saying.

Bravo, you managed to be both wrong and insulting.

Sometimes the truth isn't palatable. To some. However his quote was factual.

How is it supposed to be factual? ED forum is still the first place to go when one needs to learn how things work in specific aircraft, how to deal with all dreaded tech issues of the damned sim; and the first place to look for mods & addons (LOF being the only exception with its collection of Tom's skins). SimHQ DCS section is almost dead by comparison. Are all people posting the above not having "anything worth saying"?

Not a modder myself, but whenever anyone @ ED forum asks about something I know, I answer and given my rep points, I guess for many folks what I say it actually worth something. Never been banned, because I simply avoid inconvenient topics (yep, my very first post over there, comprising modest opinion about constant Belsimtek delays, got me a few instant warning points right at my face :D). When I want to read some heated debates about these, I come here.

I agree SimHQ is the only place where ED mudslinging contest (sometimes justified, sometimes not) is allowed, and rightfully so, but I find it puzzling/naive why some think the same rule should apply to ED forum. Any software company forum mods will use banhammer for silencing negative PR posters and that's not "hitler'ism", but rather doing their job. Their forum, their money - their rules and policy. Applies to all PC game devs or publishers. What do You expect? If one wants more open debate, one has to go to non-dev places like over here.

The only thing that ain't right is banning over there for things said over here, IF that was really the case.