I personally don't think a DC provided by ED will ever happen. They seem to rely on revenue just to continue what they have started (not that any end dates are ever in sight to complete their modules).

For many people, a DC may mean that no further revenue is generated due to the provision of an ever-changing world and fans may be happy to get immersed whilst using their favourite airframe without venturing back to the ED store to purchase the next beta.

These mini campaigns are all too easy to throw out with minimal effort/resources in comparison to the 'World' in order to mmake a quick profit.

I just hope this mechanism doesn't move the focus away from progressing the unfinished content which won't generate more funds into these quick money spinners. Why continue development for no return if quick profits can be made with throw away campaigns!

If ED are counting on revenue from these campaigns just to progress the existing work its simply another example of incompetent planning. Business acumen will always say you don't even start something that isn't profitable and you can't really rely on having to generate more funds with a mechanism that has no guarantee of doing so.

No-one can deny (although the same old faces will try) that ED haven't changed direction many times already.....I just hope this isn't another one. Lets be honest, in 8 years from ED we have a two unfinished theatres (one of which has been knocking around for many years) and a few modules of which only a couple could be classed as 'complete' with many others in various unknown states and years of delays.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.