Originally Posted By: Force10

I guess one could argue the DCS WWII project?

- Spitfire
- P-47D
- Me.262A1
- The Normandy Map

Keeping in mind...over 400 people payed $100 or more 3 years ago.

They also paid that money to someone else and ED picked up the pieces when it fell apart. They also paid into a Kickstarter project, which is effectively a diffused version of "angel funding". There is no guarantee of a return and the majority of projects like this do not make it very far. It's great that the project is still moving forward and many parts of the project may be done this year (3 out of 4 on your list). But actually getting a return from something like Kickstarter is more of a bonus than anything else IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Force10

I see you didn't mention the Nevada map...are we now supposed to consider content listed as Alpha "finished"?

I'm not saying I 100% agree with the original topic...it just seemed you neglected to mention some things that are hardly finished.

NTTR has planned upgrades, but I'd hardly call it unfinished. As a customer who bought it, I have no complaints and I'm not aware of any specific limitations for using the map. I would like the "merge" to be finished, but I'm having a lot of fun with DCS nonetheless. There may be more features for NTTR in the future, but what we have now is excellent.

I think too many people prefer to see the glass half-empty, even when its mostly full. Thats my take.

-Nick