Originally Posted By: Flogger23m
On top of that there are some outstanding issues with the game. I am still being blown out of the sky by BMPs easily. While flying an Su-33. I noticed they can instantly track and detect me once I get within a certain radius. Even if I come from behind their turrets will turn around and be tracking me perfectly every single time. In the real world a ground vehicle like that does not have that ability. It is as if it has a radar with 360 degrees of instant detection/refreshing. Even if the commander spotted the aircraft as he happened he scanning the horizon it will take some time to track the aircraft. I am not too sure how accurate the laser range finder / other equipment is for tracking a high speed fighter either.

The BMPs and other APCs are still better anti aircraft guns than the dedicated AA units. And it has been like this for well over a year now. I almost never play ground attack aircraft now because of it. Unless we can get a Eurofighter, F-16 or any high speed fighter that can carry 6+ anti tank missiles I won't be doing A2G until this is fixed. And that largely includes buying low speed attack aircraft which rely on rockets/guns/bombs. Considering a large portion of the planes are ground attack or light trainers I think this is a pretty big issue.

Yeah. IRL A-10s try to stay around 20k altitude because it's safer than risking MANPADs and SPAAGs when they have a perfectly viable standoff capability since '05 anyway. In DCS they stay up there because of BMPs. Nice one ED, Rassija stronk!