George Lyons
Sergeant
3 RFC
Chocques, Flanders
May 1915

(Note: a two-fer!)

Thirty-fifth mission Saturday 8 May AM...another art obs just to the east of Loos. Mission went well, with better weather.

[Linked Image]

Thirty-sixth mission Saturday 8 May PM...a bombing mission to the front near where our art obs was earlier today. No hits were scored, however, Captain Halifax noticed an aeroplane heading east about 5oo feet below us. It had no markings that we noticed, however, after some investigation later at base (Note: in other words, checking out the 'skins' file lol), we were told that some of the French squadrons do not have roundels on their top wings, nor their tails.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was a bit harrowing for a moment as it could have been a Pfalz (Note: during the war, Pfalz built licensed versions of the Morane L!), but it all ended well, except no hits on the Bosche. Lastly, we landed at our base allright, but 'Bay' landed a bit close to a tree...he heard about it!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
--------------------------------------------

The saga continues!

Regards,

Jeff

PS, I'm now having an issue with my screen recorder as the audio is out of sync with the video....am looking to fix it.

EDIT: And, after spending about an hour yesterday evening to no avail, today I remembered reading the Geforce Experience has video capture...tried it and it works great! Also it has a screen frame capture (for pictures as opposed to video) and that is great too! Small issue of popups happening during flying, but I think better than being out of sync!

Last edited by stljeffbb; 08/05/17 11:53 PM. Reason: Stuff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10