George Lyons
Sergeant
3 RFC
Chocques, Flanders
May 1915

Sixty-first mission Wednesday 26 May AM...a bombing of the front east of Loos with the usual crew. Intell informed me that I scored a single hit, a first for my bombing of the front lines. I lined up just behind 'Bay' and Reinard, but this time laid my eggs almost exactly when I heard the spinners of their bombs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sixty-second mission Wednesday 26 May PM...another egg-laying mission, this time scheduled to Phalempin, but it almost ended in disaster! At about 8oo feet, my bus suddenly lost all revs and started descending towards Earth! I was over a field and didn't have much time to see if there were people or animals, and I decided to lay my eggs right there...I was able to land in a fenced-in area, just avoiding a collision. Halifax was relieved that we made it down in one piece, but the ack-emmas tell us that engine is beyond repair, with extensive damage to the fuselage near the engine compartment on both sides (Writer's Note: insert favorite half-engine-destroying ailment here!).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(Another Writer's Note...this happened while at 12x...probably the closest "going west" experience with Mr. Lyons so far, as I finally took control of the craft at about 4oo feet, so only 3oo feet off the ground!)
-----------------------------

Regards,

Jeff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10