George Lyons

Training at Sutton's Farm, 19 April 1915.

Training flights...mostly uneventful, however, on my first navigation flight, I had engine failure! The thing just would not rev beyond idle, and while I did have an aerodrome in sight, I could not make it and had to glide to rest in a farm just beyond some railroad tracks (NW of London).

For my first solo flight, I took a spin above Southend to once more see the sights of where I most recently lived. There is my flat...can't you see it?

[Linked Image]

Still not too far away from where I am now, but soon, it will be just a bit harder to get back once I'm across the Channel.

[Linked Image]

I finished with 7.72 flying hours:

[Linked Image]

Got to meet some of the blokes in the squadron (Writer's Note: these amount of kills look much more reasonable than those of RNAS in March 1915 wink ):

[Linked Image]

Housed at Chocques field in Flanders flying the Morane Saulnier type L, also called the Morane Parasol...

[Linked Image]

Ready for my first mission as a pilot!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited by stljeffbb; 07/09/17 04:38 PM. Reason: Added a y, and converted from photobucket to imgur!

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10