George Lyons
Sergeant
3 RFC
Chocques, Flanders
May 1915

(Note: a four-fer!)

Fortieth mission Monday 10 May PM...a recce mission to the front just southeast of the ruins of what was once the town of Arras. Fairly uneventful.

[Linked Image]

Forty-first mission Tuesday 11 May AM...an art obs with Lt. Ken Breton at the helm of Captain Reinard's machine this time. But our crate was not to make the destination, as first there was some spluttering at 21oo feet, and then next thing petrol was on the windshield

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...fortunately, we were right above Merville aerodrome, and we glided down to a landing after I shut the engine off to avoid a fire.

Forty-second mission Tuesday 11 May PM...after catching a ride back to Chocques and the ack emmas getting together one of the reserves for me to fly, I was back up doing another art obs mission just to the east of Loos. Great visibility and high clouds and no threats made for a nice flight.

[Linked Image]

Forty-third mission Wednesday 12 May AM...a three crate mission to bomb our colleagues at Houplin! We breezed in so quickly that they seemed to not notice us coming! No archie until we were done bombing and almost out of range...even the klaxons were late to sound! Hope the Bosche always sleep late; it would certainly help this war go more quickly.

[Linked Image]

...for once, 'Bay' didn't score, and the new guys got most of the hits.

------------

Regards,

Jeff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10