@ CaptSopwith....glad you are enjoying the reports! Flying in 1915 is quite different than later times, but I am looking forward to the "Fokker Scourge" just to see what happens (other than losing my own head of course wink )

------------------------------

George Lyons
Sergeant
3 RFC
Chocques, Flanders
May 1915

(Note: A three-fer!)

Twenty-sixth mission Monday 3 May PM...An art obs to the front lines near our aerodrome, led by Alwin and Reinard. Low haze and clouds made things difficult,

[Linked Image]

but Captain Reinard dropped a bag (Writer's Note: A message bag with a streamer attached, kind of like this one shown below)

[Linked Image]

and hopefully they got the message as to where to aim their shot.

Twenty-seventh mission Tuesday 4 May AM...A bombing mission to Bertincourt; Command must think we are doing a good job as we are being sent to aerodromes farther and farther away from our home base! Intell says we scored some hits.

The enemy airplanes had an interesting paint scheme that made it difficult to see from the air, but we could tell where they were, and following 'Bay' and Reinard, our bombs scored.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Twenty-eighth mission Tuesday 4 May PM...A recce mission to the front near our 'drome. The ground haze has cleared, and visibility was good. Uneventful.

[Linked Image]

----------------------------

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited by stljeffbb; 07/30/17 06:47 PM. Reason: pesky spelling!

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10