(Writer's Note: ha, my schedule opened up a bit more this evening, so I accomplished two more missions!)

George Lyons
Sergeant
3 RFC
Chocques, Flanders
May 1915

Fifty-fifth mission Sunday 23 May AM...a bombing mission to Houplin that was not to be for our crate...not too far east of Merville, our engine started clanging like the Dickens...of course, we had eggs on the rack! I heard of an unfortunate incident that happened to some poor blokes over at Escadrille MS 12...they landed with eggs on the rack after engine failure, and their bombs went off and blew them and their bus to pieces! So, we were close to the River Lys, therefore I flew over it, checked to do my best not to hit anyone on or near the river (Writer's Note: ha, there is NO ONE around except for airbases and the front, lol), and dropped my bombs into it with a mighty explosion and splash ensuing. We then made Merville and said a quick hello to the chaps of 2 RFC, many of whom we have met before.

Our crate was hauled into the shop, and we caught a ride back to Chocques.

[Linked Image]

Fifty-sixth mission Sunday 23 May PM...our regular crate will be in the shop for a few days, so we hopped in a reserve Morane for our next mission, a bombing of the front southeast of Loos. I still have not got the knack of it, and neither we or our mates (Sgt. Bill Falkland and Captain Reinard) scored any hits.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

---------------------------

The saga continues!

Regards,

Jeff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10