Originally Posted By: Rick_Rawlings
Thanks Robert. Lou has also mentioned that before. My question is, isn't that a fairly ahistorical method of attack? I read that McCudden fine-tuned his sights and fired from really long range. Richenbacker talks about tricking one enemy gunner into expending all his ammo...that doesn't seem to be an option here. I believe the general idea was a low-back attack or a high dive. I don't seem to have a lot of luck with either. I am still kicking though! biggrin I have tried the front attack before, it just seems really out of character! salute

Out of character may be true, I don't know. In the end, I don't have enough stored historical knowledge to draw on and at any rate when I'm in combat in a mission I base my actions on proven techniques that work for me in the sim. I feel confident that if this technique would have worked in WWI it would have been used. It may have been but I haven't read of it myself. If the technique is questionable for historical accuracy, then whether to use it or not is up to your choice based on the frame of mind you wish to be in.

Best Regards

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4