The long winded version:

I agree with you. Right now, Intel buying from TSMC would first be to solve Intel internal issues. However, a writer noted that there could be a "side benefit" to Intel -- if Intel used up limited resources needed by competitors like AMD. More than one author noted this.

The comment that this has happened in the past was a comment in one of the many articles I read and had to do with past actions. I didn't memorize which article on which site -- I only remembered the information. As mentioned in one article, Intel has several (or more) ongoing litigations in which they are accused of various wrong doings versus competitors. Again, until its proven in a court of law, its only an accusation. It was proven in 2001 vs AMD, for example.

No proof was offered that it was happening now. It was a "thought" by the author of the article I was reading (as is much of what is copied/pasted in this thread). The author based the "thought" on past actions.

Generally, I do not copy/paste or post Intel negative comments unless lots of nominally unbiased folks are currently making similar comments based on rumors/leaks from normally reliable sources. And, then, I paste only because Intel's situation (both real and imagined) impacts AMD's "Future and Current Status". Moreover, I won't paste obviously biased comments or those worded to "inflame" folks against Intel. As frequently noted in this thread, Intel makes good products.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro