AMD CPU Market Share Jumps 43% in April Alone, Steam Survey Shows – But Did it Really?

The [Steam] survey figures have tended to especially under-report AMD hardware, both on the CPU and GPU sides. Often times by a very significant margin..

Steam survey has also been wildly inconsistent in many regards, except in its ability to significantly under-report AMD hardware. There have been a lot of theories and speculation as to why that is..

The jump for AMD we’re seeing in April is likely the result of an improvement to Steam’s ability to detect AMD processors, rather than a massive and sudden share gain...

Interesting that Steam has routinely under-reported AMD use by Gamers. I always believed the Steam Intel/Nvidia vs AMD numbers -- dummy me. At least, they may be "un-stacking" the deck now.

AMD sales has not caught up. Intel/Nvidia remain on top, sales wise. I expect things to remain that way for at least a few years. Intel/Nvidia make great products (no one is wrong to buy them) -- but, so does AMD, and traditionally AMD gives more practical performance for one's Dollar, Euro, etc (currently GPUs still ridiculous). I expect the Intel/Nvidia lead to shrink over time, if properly reported.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro