Originally Posted By: Allen
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I will never, NEVER, play a game without some form of FSAA ever again...

I wondered if the no FSAA in the tests might bother some folks smile

Personally, I never use FSAA (one exception where I turned it on by default when selecting Ultimate settings for a game).

Historically, once we got to 1080p, I always set AA to 0 -- makes the game "blurry" to my eyes on a "good eyes" day (normal monitor at about 30 inches view distance). Occasionally 20/15 vision at computer distance on a very, very "good eyes" day. On the other hand, dry eye can somewhat cloud things at other times -- so AA is unnecessary biggrin

It has occurred to me that others may see things clearer and have faster eye response than I have. So, they may prefer AA and higher frame rates than are okay for me. Thus, from time to time, I mention that I use 0AA and mention that 30fps looks smooth to me -- so folks understand where I'm coming from when I say something "looks good" and "plays smooth".

In summary, yes, I agree. Giving the FPS both with and without AA seems relevant. thumbsup

I actually do wonder if the different forms of AA now available and the different AA algorithms used by AMD and Nvidia makes a fair/true "1 to 1" comparison more difficult -- so they just skip AA at times.

I haven't Run MSAA in a while, VSR at 1440p (for Eyefinity) or 4K downsampling to my 1080p screen works better for me.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB