Originally Posted By: Allen
Quote:
We have some good news for those concerned about RX 480 PCI-E issue.

AMD issues an official statement declaring that the overcurrent issue may be resolved with a driver fix soon. We expecting an update from AMD on this driver implementation around Tuesday.

As you know, we continuously tune our GPUs in order to maximize their performance within their given power envelopes and the speed of the memory interface, which in this case is an unprecedented 8 Gbps for GDDR5. Recently, we identified select scenarios where the tuning of some RX 480 boards was not optimal. Fortunately, we can adjust the GPU’s tuning via software in order to resolve this issue. We are already testing a driver that implements a fix, and we will provide an update to the community on our progress on Tuesday (July 5, 2016).

It seems that Tom's (and some other sites) got it right with the card they were given.

Since other make/model cards also do/did it without reported issues, I'm still not worried.

What does bother me is that FedEX moved my RX-480 from California to Texas and back to California just a few miles from where it started -- now, its not arriving until Friday. I very much prefer Amazon Prime's free two day shipping (but, Amazon didn't have the cards). In fairness, Newegg has a "Prime" service also which I used but let lapse because there has not been any reason to upgrade my computers for a couple years.

NewEgg is usually 2 day shipping from NewJersey for me.

I did have one Item get to Richmond, then go back to NJ, then come back, Not sure but I think the Label was damaged, as the label was reprinted and re-applied over top of a partial label (checked by peeling it off) at the NJ UPS Overgoods Warehouse, where Boxes go when the lebels are missing or unreadable.

Like i said, there'd be a driver update to keep the GPU from sucking more power than it needs, watching some videos, it was suckign 1.15/1.2v, it does not need that much, not at 14nm.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 07/02/16 11:00 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB