Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

Broken drivers for me. I do not remember the last time I had issues with AMD drivers. Maybe on of the early Crimsons?

Games suddenly dropped from 70 frames to 25-30 and stutter like hell. Turns out the memory clocks were dropping from 1500 to 150 and staying there for no reason.

Adding Sapphire Trixx back helped to stabilize the clocks, but any game using Freesync would cause the screen to flicker like crazy.

Cleaned up with DDU and reverted back to 16.11.5 and I even got better performance than with the 16.12s.

Seen quite a lot of postings on this in various forums. Could it be that AMD is starting to EOL Fiji?

I've had Flickering on my screens, but nothing shows in logs so I'm not sure if it's because of the cables or not, but if 1 screen is on, 1 screen does it, if 3 are on all 3 do it, if 5 screens are on, all 5 do it... might be the GPU, as I was swapping them in and out when I was trying to get VR to work w/ my GPUs, I might swap the primary and secondary lightnings and see if that resolves the issue.

outside of a few other lil things, the crimson drivers have been pretty much stable, once I figured out how to manage displays.

I dont really use eyefinity arrays anymore, as all my games support multi-screens, and older ones that don't I can run using manual resolution selection and it goes across all 3 screens, or I can run Full Screen on 1 if I choose and use another screen for something else.

and most of the games i play, I play in VR Now anyway (DCS, Elite:D, Racing Sims etc)

Eyefinity was fun when games didnt support Multi-Screens, but It's easier for me to just run multiple extended desktops.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 01/24/17 03:20 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB