Today is Launch Day. Test Reports and benchmarks will be coming out soon. In that connection, a few leaked benchmarks "look suspicious" (to my AMD fan eyes smile ).

Some (maybe even many) "synthetic benchmarks" have been compiled using an Intel compiler. In the past, the Intel compiler used for 3'd party software has been optimum for Intel CPUs and "de-optimized" for AMD CPUs. Makes partial sense. Why should Intel's compiler be optimized for AMD CPUs. For example, Sandra has been a notorious offender -- in the past.

Don't know the current status of the compilers used. But, I would not be surprised to find Intel is still favored by the synthetic benchmark codes.

Also, as an added thought, some compilers that do optimize for AMD would be using code for the AMD FX series CPU (since they have not had Ryzen to work with). So, they may be handling AMD Ryzen cores incorrectly.

So, I suggest reading synthetic benchmarks with caution. I suggest that actual "in-game benchmarks" and actual "applications" that one might actually play/use are better indicators of performance.

Last edited by Allen; 03/02/17 01:10 PM. Reason: Added Thought

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro