Originally Posted By: Remon

As for your value for money argument, I think you're misremembering things, the 7970 ghz was better than the 680 and the 7970 equal to the 670, they were the top cards of their generation. Nvidia releasing better cards right after AMD releases only happened with the 780ti (and this wasn't that much better than the 7970 ghz) and the 980ti, and I would hardly call that a tradition.

Are you looking at someone else's post?...disregarding all the nonsense in your post above the only point where I even bring up 'value for money' is where I stated that AMD have always released value for money GPUs. Value for money however doesn't always equal performance and the RX480 is a great example of that......$199-$249 is brilliant value for money if budget is one of your major concerns for the power it brings, but not if you're trying to drive the latest games at max settings with a 1440p monitor or targeting 90fps with a VR headset then it doesn't matter what bang for buck you're getting because it wouldn't be up to the job. It's all relative.

You just lost all credability by stating that the 780ti wasn't much better than the 7970 GHz... It probably depends on what your definition of 'close' is because the 780ti was competing with and beating the 290X.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.