Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Its almost amusing anyone is celebrating a 1% win from a crossfire setup against a single card regardless of cost.

Who in the right mind is going to opt for CF RX480 against a GTX 1080? If you're prepared to spend $450 on two cards surely you'd also realise that $200 isn't worth the hassle, incompatibility and nause in comparison to a single card? I'd probably go for a 1070 myself for similar money if cost was an issue purely based on a crossfire setup is obviously based on performance......the problem being you're left with a relatively weak compromise from a single RX480 if your chosen game doesn't support or scale crossfire.

Lets be honest, someone with CF RX480 is unlikely to be playing on a single 1080p screen....a single card isn't going to be great for VR (when dual GPU is realised) or 1440p and beyond.

You rarely find anyone who had used SLi/CF without horror stories.....in a lot of cases it just isn't worth the entrance fee.

No one's celebrating. It's just a measure of 480's strength. A hard concept to grasp, I know.

Last edited by Remon; 06/23/16 12:38 AM.