An interesting Intel rumor from a normally reliable source (based on over a decade of me paying attention to the author). The source says its not a rumor; however, the details are behind a paywall (and I have not paid).

Intel Custom Foundry’s 10nm meltdown is crushing a $20+B market cap tech giant

Exclusive: This is the beginning of a far reaching story

As you know Intel’s 10nm process is now years delayed, is not economically or technically viable, and is unlikely to ever work financially speaking based on what SemiAccurate understands of the problems Intel is still trying to fix. The customer in question put their entire upcoming line of chips at Intel on 10nm, and Intel failed. There was no Plan B..

I know there have been major delays in Intel 10nm. Even so, just based on Intel's good reputation, I'm expecting an Intel 10nm Consumer CPU with excellent performance for gaming. However, the article implies that some business may be directed away from Intel due to the reported situation. So, AMD may (or may not) get more business in the future -- which will give it a few more dollars to compete with.

Public Part of Article

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro