Back in the 1970s and very early 1980s I was into designing/building my own desktop computer from scratch (not a kit or another guy's design) -- IC by IC, switch by switch, etc.

I vaguely remember that Intel had a large CPU "invention" team -- to make the "next big thing". It failed. So a couple really bright Intel engineers "virtually singlehandedly" successfully modified an existing Intel design to get us started on the path we are still on (CPU wise).

All that to say: Intel is big. But, it makes "Big" mistakes too -- based on my following their history. The Nvidia deal may be just another one.

As noted above, I hope AMD is not making a mistake by giving Intel the "right" to "bury" AMD by making an equally good APU -- as I figured, long term, AMD had the advantage because its all going to be APUs in the future -- and great graphics would be the determiner of the winner.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro