And, here's another increment of knowledge:

Quote:
AMD Vega 10 GPU With 8GB HBM2 Powered DOOM 4K Vulkan Demo, Should Outperform GTX 1080 In OpenGL Too

.. interview with AMD’s head of Radeon Technologies Group, Raja Koduri, it was revealed that the impressive 4K/60FPS+ DOOM demo that the company showcased was in fact running on the company’s brand new high-end Vega 10 GPU, ..

..Vega 10 should in fact beat the GTX 1080 running at the same 4K resolution..at lower resolutions where the game is more CPU bound there would be less of a performance differential between the two..

Emphasis has been on AMD Vulcan performance in public demos -- because Vulcan performance is a strength of Polaris and Vega. The article says the advantage in OpenGL exists but is less because AMD is not putting valuable time into optimizing the performance for "out of date" OpenGL.

All in all, from the tone of articles, I am guessing that Nvidia's best cards will have an advantage in DX11 and maybe OpenGL. I am guessing AMD will have a small advantage in DX12 and Vulcan by some "measures". "Measures" vary -- i.e. absolute FPS, FPS per clock, bang for buck, etc. Each of us has our own "measure". So, we'll see.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro