I like Nvidia's plan. Hope it actually works (as opposed to "appear" to work).

NVIDIA Asks Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

The company wants its cards to go to gamers instead and it’s trying to do so by directly selling on its website and asking its retail partners to limit orders to two cards per person..

GPUs Are Money Printing Machines And Miners Are Taking Full Advantage

[Some miners] are so desperate to get as many cards as possible in as short amount of a time as possible to the point where they’re renting entire Boeing 747s to ship GPUs to their mining farms..

History has shown us what happens when the cyrpto market crashes, or mining no longer becomes as profitable. Miners end up dumping all of their hardware in the gray market for pennies on the dollar .

[Against that cheap competition the] GPU manufacturer is unable to sell their inventory and end up having to write it off, like AMD did back in 2014.

Article

There's an idea. AMD opens a retail site that sells cards at list price -- to gamers only. I imagine such a direction has multiple associated problems -- probably not as simple as it sounds.

For example, I imagine many miners would find a way to create 100 separate orders -- that seemed separate -- that seemed from 100 different gamers-- but, were from one miner guy/gal. Hey, they want cards cheaper too -- its all about "bang per buck" with them.

We'll see how this works out for Nvidia.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro