Something tells me that will probably have more to do with yields affecting their supply than their own efforts.

The problem with Ryzen mobos was they were dependent on Ryzen CPU sales. You don't want to ship a ton of product and have it sitting around taking space, so you try to gauge the demand...and the partners were taken by surprise when AMD got a lot out there. There was a combination of poor communication and bad fortunetelling that led to people having CPUs without mobos.

Video cards are different. You don't buy a GPU and stick it in a video card with a socket, RAM, and video ports on it. The AIBs will make as many cards as they get GPUs for, plain and simple. The more tweaked designs as always will come later once they've had a chance to go over the design and see what they can do. Early boards are for the OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT NOW buyers who don't mind having a card that is basically reference design + logo, those with more patience get differentiation and possibly better deals (OC'd, noise levels, etc).

If they get 10,000 Vega GPUs, they will ship 10,000 Vega cards, it's that straightforward.

The only caveat is if for some reason there is bad silicon and they have to scrap a large number, but I put the odds of that at single-digit percentage at best. It just doesn't happen, those errors are caught by the OEM before the AIBs get them. It will boil down to AMD's supply of good chips to them.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter