Relative to latest W10 update: Along the way, I've learned that certain companies are not to be trusted in some situations. Microsoft is one. Thing is, as I noted in the post above, I stupidly installed the latest W10 update -- that I knew had not been thoroughly tested by Microsoft.

Sorry for posting the "news" that a new version was available.

Microsoft Hits Pause on Windows 10 October 2018 Update Rollout Due to Missing Files Issue

Several users have reported losing their data after updating to the latest Windows 10 version. Microsoft had said that it was actively investigating the issue. It now appears that the company couldn’t fix the issue and has decided to pull the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

[Per Microsoft] “We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.”

Article

So far, no problems that I have noticed (doesn't mean there are none). But, even Microsoft in effect says "don't use it". Now, I'll stupidly continue to use it until I do have a problem confused

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro