New AMD Ryzen Microcode Update Will Expand Memory Support

..20 new memory registers to enable direct plug and play compatibility with existing Intel compatible DDR4 memory modules..

..a BIOS update will be rolled out this month to enable out-of-box compatibility with a large collection of Hynix based memory modules..

..Remember, the advertised speeds of almost all DDR4 memory kits out there are based on the proprietary Intel XMP — Extreme Memory Profile — standard, which is why running your DDR4 memory at its advertised speed can be tricky on Ryzen, especially DDR4 RAM with Hynix memory. In some cases you may need to increase the voltage to 1.5v, which is completely safe, for it to run at its advertised speed. Another easy knob to turn is to slightly up the SOC/unCore voltage to 1.1...

Good news. Besides the coming BIOS update, they note how to hand set voltages to get to rated DDR4 memory speed. I may try that -- or just wait for the new BIOS. My 3200MHz DDR4 is still at 2666MHz. And, as noted previously, upping memory speed actually makes a significant positive difference with Ryzen. Simplistically put, speeding up memory speeds up some Ryzen clocks on the inside of the CPU.

As noted previously, overclocking the Ryzen CPU itself is very easy and it runs cool. Ryzen is designed to be safely overclocked and AMD provides a "desktop" application to facilitate OC (don't need to enter BIOS for CPU OC). Of course, OC voids warranty. The same desktop application can be used to up-clock the memory to rated speed or OC -- but apparently needs above BIOS update to get 3200 with some memory -- particularly 32GB and up.

On the competition front:

Intel Says i7 7700K CPUs Shouldn’t Be Overclocked In Response To Countless Overheating Complaints

Intel i7 7700K owners have flooded the company’s official forum with countless reports and complaints about overheating issue that sends their CPUs’ temperatures shooting up to 90+ degrees Celsius with very minor computational loads and in some cases even when the processors are idling..

..The complaints have been piling up for over three months prompting Intel to finally end the silence and respond..

Intel’s Response : i7 7700K Owners Should Not Overclock, Overvolt Or De-lid Their CPUs

..owners who claim to be experiencing this overheating issue at stock settings without applying any additional voltage or raising the frequency reports PC Gamer...

..the i7 7700K’s main selling point over the i7 7700 is that it features an unlocked multiplier specifically for overclocking. And now owners are being told that not only are the high temperatures normal but that they shouldn’t even attempt to overclock their CPUs. The very same CPUs that were specifically marketed and sold with overclocking as a feature.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro