More information from AMD corroborates that Ryzen architecture is highly competitive. However, applications and even Windows need adjustments to see it all the time.

Most of the issues have been at 1080p. It was noted that most gamers who buy Ryzen (at $300 to $500) will be playing at 1440p and above -- where Ryzen sometimes beats even I7 7700K by a little.

How Soon Can We Expect Gaming Performance Improvements?

One particularly interesting recent discovery revealed a bug that’s significantly detrimental to Ryzen’s performance in Microsoft’s Windows 10 scheduler. The scheduler does not appropriately recognize Ryzen’s cache size and cannot distinguish physical cores from SMT threads. This in turn is causing it to often incorrectly schedule tasks in the much slower — approximately 4 times slower — SMT threads rather than primary physical core threads.

This is why we’ve seen performance dramatically improve in some games after disabling SMT....

An image that shows Ryzen is a little bit better than Intel's 8 core CPU (in the opinion of the reviewer) -- for everything EXCEPT gamiing (but its close in gaming). That "gap" is expected to disappear. One has to stare at this a minute and think about it -- not as clear as some.

Notice its almost twice as good as AMD FX9590 (my current CPU) for everything but gaming. As an AMD fan, I like that improvement over my current CPU. More than I expected to get.

Attached Files ComparibilitySlide.png

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro