[Rumor] AMD Bringing 12-16 Core Ryzen CPUs to AM4 in 2019, Roadmap Into 2020 Detailed – Zen 2, Zen 3 & Zen 5

AMD has officially unveiled its current CPU roadmap .. The company detailed its plans well into 2020 and beyond, talking about Zen 2, 3 and even Zen 5.

AMD Unveils CPU Roadmap Into 2020 – Zen 2 & Zen 3 on 7nm & 7nm+, Zen 5 on 3nm

The red team’s CPU roadmap is the most aggressive we have ever seen. AMD now expects to roll-out full fledged 7nm CPU products to the masses by next year, whilst its only competitor Intel is struggling to ramp 10nm. Chipzilla [Intel] revealed last month that it doesn’t expect to introduce 10nm products anytime before 2020 which puts it an incredibly tough spot as it looks to defend the 40 billion dollar server market from a re-energized and well managed competitor in AMD.

[RUMOR] Ryzen 3000 12-16 Core CPUs in the Mainstream AM4 Socket by Next Year

The rumor out there is that we’re looking at 16 core Ryzen 7 chips as the new norm in 2019. However, according to private conversations we’ve had with incredibly knowledgeable people in the industry the actual core count figure might be closer to 12 cores..

As noted here over a year ago (and repeated every so often), high core count CPUs are the future. Games will be written to take advantage. Boost frequency on one or two cores won't matter much. Base frequency will rule. So, if buying a gaming system that has to last a few years, consider base frequency and core count in CPUs (however, GPUs will no doubt be the main gaming factor for a while).

Also, its rumored CPUs are headed to 3nm in the near future. For many years, I've figured 3nm is the limit. I'm probably wrong (not the first time smile ) -- if its going to get done this easily.

This near-future, could cost AMD my business in the here-and-now. I really should wait for AMD's next release of GPUs and CPUs to update -- as they will be 7nm and nominally a big boost over 12-14nm and even 10nm. We'll see.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Screenshot-ZenRoadMap.png

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro