Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

Might as well talk about the benefits of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma by claiming it has more cup holders than a 2005 F-150--assuming that they don't change that by the time the 2017s hit the dealers, of course!

Perhaps they think it's clever, but I see it as another AMD marketing misstep. There are two sides to a business. You need to make a competitive product/service profitably, and then you need to convince customers of that fact.

Regardless of their technical merits, I think AMD has been SERIOUSLY struggling with their marketing in recent years. Intel hasn't had to do much marketing lately, but nvidia has done very well on that score and Apple could sell a 286 in a shoe box to their customers and they'd pay $1500 for it.
AMD couldn't sell a warp drive to Elon Musk for $100.

Seriously, whoever AMD's PR team/firm is they need to be fired. Actually, they need to lose their jobs and be barred from ever holding a marketing position again. With this level of incompetence they should only be qualified for gov't jobs.
The Jedi Master

+1 about the poor comparisons to 2 year old CPUs and the terrible marketing... they have been lost in the marketing and R&D strategy since the 5870...

Also if you own AMD stock consider selling it while it's high, I had a coworker in the late 90s who bought 3dFX stock from being a big fan of their Voodoo1/2 cards "they're the future of gaming man!", unfortunately he didn't sell the stock before the Voodoo4/5 and I believe he lost all his money he invested in 3dfx. Technology stocks are very volatile...

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift