I can confirm that the reviewer clearly isn't aware of the 1080ti issue with DX12 in Battlefield 1. I assume this is the area that you refer to whereby the 'new card blows away the Nvidia 1080 Ti in minimum framerate' in two tests.....it's actually just one game but you're referring to the the 2 different resolutions of 1440p and 4k?

For whatever reason the GTX1080ti is gimped in DX12 mode unlike the normal GTX1080, but a simple console command of 'RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2' puts the performance back into the card with minimum framerates at 1440p beyond 110fps and at 4k beyond 85fps at the highest settings. Unfortunately for AMD fans, the sensationalist claims of blowing away the 1080ti is false by a huge margin as the 1080ti puts the other cards all in their places.

What is more striking in that review are the power requirements that are well and truly swept under the carpet as the Vega 64 uses more than 80% more power when gaming in comparison to the GTX 1080 which is its closest competitor (but still loses in nearly all the benchmarks) and has the most ridiculous peak I've ever seen on a GPU.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.