What are you rolling your eyes at?....you disagree? The point is that even if an RX 490 is competing with a 1080 as Skate and Allen have mentioned....the 1080ti is likely to have another 50% performance (according to leaks) so anyone wanting that single card performance from AMD still won't be challenging at the top level because the 490 will be competing with Nvidia's second tier card.

The 1080 Titan will then be fighting it out with AMDs top end cards with HBM2 - is anyone going to bet at this stage that AMD have it wrapped up? I'm not so confident. Maybe it comes down to whether your allegiance is to a certain brand....I'm certainly not but with VR I need guaranteed performance and good drivers which is something that AMD have struggled with in recent years and they don't currently have a GPU which will push 90fps at 1440p for VR so the choice is already limited. The last AMD card I had was a 290X and in some games the performance was poor in comparison to the Nvidia equivalent (or in the case of DCS and the Oculus DK2 it wouldn't run at all until a workaround was introduced) which ultimately forced my hand down the GTX 970 route.

I'd also waited since half-way through last year to upgrade my GPU ready for the retail Oculus....the RX480 obviously isn't going to cut the mustard in view of getting high frame rates so my options were to wait even longer with no guarantee when we'd have a competitive card or drop silly money on a GTX 1080.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.