At CES, the Nvidia CEO badmouthed the AMD 7nm Radeon VII GPU. I say "badmouthed" because his word choices were not "classy" -- unexpected from a CEO. His point was there was no comparison between Radeon VII and the RTX2080 it competes with. Why? Because of Nvidia Ray Tracing mainly. AMD CEO was interviewed and asked to respond:

AMD CEO: Ray Tracing Is an Important Technology We’re Working on; NVIDIA Embracing FreeSync Says We Made the Right Choice

[AMD CEO partial response] "I’m not going to get into a tit for tat, that’s just not my style. So I’ll tell you that. What I will say is ray tracing is an important technology. It’s one of the important technologies; there are lots of other important technologies..

..what is the consumer going to see? The consumer doesn’t see a lot of [ray tracing] benefit today because the other parts of the ecosystem are not ready. I think by the time we talk more about ray tracing, the consumers will see that.

AMD provided data says Radeon VII FPS competes with RTX2080 in Gaming. Moreover, AMD data indicates the Professional/Compute aspect of Radeon VII is much stronger than RTX2080. As always, wait for the third party reviews.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro