On the Competition front:

Quote:
NVIDIA’s Interest in GeForce Founders Edition Graphics Cards Continues To Grow – Will Be Competing With Add-In-Board Partners

..plans to continue producing them in 2017 going forward. This will of course mean that NVIDIA will be competing with its very own add-in-board partners for the market share ...

We noted once before: Back in the day, 3DFx was the "unchallenged leader" in 3D graphics "chips". They made chips that they sold to graphics card makers. Then, they wanted "more". 3DFx bought its own factory and started making 3DFx cards. Within a very short time they were "out of business" (I think Nvidia bought their intellectual property, if I remember right). The details of their "fail" were "complicated" -- beyond the scope of this simple post.

While "competition is good", competing against your own manufacturing base does not always turn out well. However, I do expect Nvidia to keep moving along -- Nvidia is not the type to "fail".

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro