Well, you quoted the following;

However, in a previous post it was noted that Steam site data definitely favors Nvidia over AMD

....so you are clearly indicating that Steam has some sort of bias to Nvidia.

My question is how the Steam site favours one brand over the other? Steam don't care, it makes no difference to them and the results of the hardware scans (albeit a random section of gamers) only report on the results.....but I guess if you're talking about developers or the community favouring a particular brand then there probably is in some cases. The Jon Peddie Research report obviously does have merit because it can be verified as a research resource for the industry and is backed up by their own site....what can't be verified is your follow-up statement about a poll on wccftech who have a majority community of AMD fans, and therefore it's clear any poll they undertake will have a much larger percentage of gamers with AMD cards hence why you get numbers that suggest discrete numbers close to a 50/50 split. and then state that this reflects readership values of informed gamers....no it doesn't - it simply reflects a large number of AMD biased gamers stating they are using AMD GPUs and doesn't reflect what informed gamers have in their systems at all. There are a myriad of other surveys that give a more realistic portrayal of what gamers are using in their system and we broadly know what these figures are.

There is no issue whatsoever in anyone favouring one company or another, but when favouritism clouds judgement then the information becomes worthless.

As for myself, the brand name means nothing......I care for performance and value for my money therefore bias has no place. I've bought AMD/Intel CPUs and AMD/Nvidia GPUs in the past and will continue to do so in the future depending on how their products fit my requirements at the time of purchase.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.