AMD Ryzen 16 Core “Whitehaven” Enthusiast CPUs Leaked – 3.6GHz Clock Speed, Boatloads of Cache & Quad Channel DDR4 Support

AMD’s upcoming 16 core enthusiast Ryzen “Whitehaven” CPUs have been spotted. The new processors will come in variations of up to 16 cores and 32 threads and will support quad-channel DDR4 memory..

AMD Aiming For Intel’s Jugular – Rolling Out 16 Core Behemoths For The Enthusiast CPU Market In Mid 2017

a variety of core and thread counts. 16 cores and 32 threads is the maximum, but other configurations with 12 cores also exist. There has also been talk that 10 and 14 core SKUs will also be made available.

..With a 16 core Ryzen in the high-end desktop the Zen architecture is well on its way to displacing Intel’s Extreme edition processors from the performance throne that they’ve long held on to. “Whitehaven” may be the first CPU family from AMD to win the ultimate performance crown since the aptly code named “hammer” architecture hammered Intel’s Pentiums nearly 14 years ago in the form of the Athlon 64...

Well, AMD suckered me -- they got me to buy an expensive 8 core (that I am happy with) -- only to follow a few months later with a 16 core I will probably want. My cup runneth over -- but my wallet is becoming empty smile

Presumably, the 16 core clock speeds in the chart are for an engineering model. The final release may be quicker.

Article

Attached Files Ryzen16C.PNGEngineeringSamples.PNG
Last edited by Allen; 05/11/17 12:03 PM. Reason: Added 2'd Chart

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro